Everyone is looking at you funny, right? RIGHT?! They are, they’re looking at you out the corner of their eyes, plotting against you. The whole world, they’re out for you. Aren’t they?
He wanted this. You know he did. He said forever, didn’t he? Well, maybe he didn’t say it, but you could tell he thought it by the way he smiled at you while you checked out with your newest batch of steamy romance novels. The way the light shined off the spikes of his hair while he tried to sell you a discount card, you could tell he wanted to spend eternity with you. That struggle? That wasn’t a struggle, he was just playing hard to get. All the other boys did that before your special potion too, but this time will be different because his smile said forever.
Manifest Reality is a collection of sanity-bending short stories with one single, tenuous thread connecting them:
It’s all in your head.
- Tethered by Rachel O’Neill
- Reflection by Christine Forshner
- Hell by Alexander Nader
- Sundown by Danielle Shipley
- The Vibe by Rachel Ortego
- The Voice by Eve Jacob
- The Trio by T.R. Orchulek
- Regrets by Anne Skinner
- The Story of Castor House by Tyramir Ross
- When the Walls Talk by Majanka Verstraete
- It’s Not Real by Kahramanah
- Unknown Number by Roger Jackson
- It’s All in Your Head by Joriah Wood
Published by Hair Brained Press on February 14, 2016.